Westridge School is an independent day school for college-bound girls located in Pasadena, California. Founded in 1913, the school has an enrollment of approximately 500 girls in grades 4 through 12 and has a long-standing reputation for the excellence of its academic program. Westridge is committed to educating intellectually adventurous thinkers, and courageous, compassionate leaders. Westridge is a vibrant and diverse community that is grounded in the commitment to goodness in all aspects of life and learning. Students are encouraged to learn and thrive in new ways, to try new things, and to be resilient. At Westridge, girls gain the confidence and courage to stand up and speak for the ideals of responsibility and integrity as they take their places in an ever-changing world.
Westridge School is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join its Admissions Team as Associate Director of Admissions beginning July 2017. Maintaining our high standard of personal touch with all constituencies, the Associate Director will work closely with the Director of Admissions to implement programs and procedures that support a mission-focused enrollment management program, including an exceptional and welcoming admissions process from inquiry to enrollment that is efficient and organized in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the successful candidate will be a capable professional, preferably with a background in independent school admissions, with excellent people and technical skills as evidenced by experience in constituency relations, data management, and familiarity/comfort with technology.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Be an essential participant in the recruitment, evaluation, enrollment, and retention of qualified students.
- Serve as an active member of the Admissions Committee, including interviewing prospective families, advocating for appropriate candidates, and working with the committee to identify mission-appropriate students who will thrive at Westridge.
- Act as a key ambassador for Westridge, promoting the school and its programs to students, parents, outreach programs, and school Heads and teachers, including visits to area schools for presentations and fairs during the day and evenings.
- With the Director of Admissions, plan admission events that showcase the advantage and value of the Westridge experience, including the benefits of an all-girls education.
- Assist with the planning and lead the management of logistics for admissions events, such as Open House.
- Work closely with student, parent, and alumna ambassadors, including the Westridge Parent Association and Alumnae Affairs Office, to recruit and train an ambassador network to help with events and outreach.
- Help to manage the day-to-day operations of the Admissions Office.
- Work closely with the Admissions Assistant in handling phone inquiries, data management, and applicant files.
- With the entire Admissions Team, help to strategize and implement procedures with technology that will move the Admissions Office toward a paperless application and review process.
- Serve the Admissions Office and school by assisting with the organization of data collection, input, and analysis to be used to study and understand applicant information, demographic trends, enrollment patterns, standardized testing, and other statistical information important to the school.
- Assist with managing online communications.
- In conjunction with the Marketing & Communications Office and the Director of Admissions, create and plan for all admissions publications and advertising, and assist as needed with the successful implementation of the school’s marketing plan.
- Participate in Westridge school life by attending athletics competitions, theatre productions, and all-school community building events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of four years of experience in an independent school admissions office preferred.
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
- Be an energetic and personable professional with a strong commitment to the mission and vision of Westridge School.
- Communicate effectively with various constituencies both verbally and in writing.
- Respect and understand confidentiality, particularly as it pertains to student/family information and school governance.
- Have a keen attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, organize, and use creative problem-solving.
- Ability to demonstrate personal initiative and take pride in your work.
- Ability to plan for peak activity and to work under pressure.
- Flexibility to work evenings (mostly in the fall) and a few weekends a year, as well as early mornings on event days.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A good sense of humor and the desire to work and collaborate in a team atmosphere.
Schedule and Salary
This is a full-time exempt position with the expectation of evening and weekend work. This position is eligible for Westridge’s comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, vision, dental, and generous 403b retirement options.
Salary range depends on qualifications and experience.
Send resume, cover letter, & salary history to Jobs@Westridge.org. Include “Associate/Assistant Director of Admissions” in the subject line.
Westridge School is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are evaluated without consideration of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For more information: www.Westridge.org.