Instructional Technology Coach
Job Listing Filing application deadline: January 31, 2017
Reports to: Director of Technology and School Directors
Wildwood School seeks a dedicated Instructional Technology Coach. This is an exciting opportunity to offer personal knowledge, skills and experience to a dynamic, progressive learning community. This candidate is responsible for implementing and designing tech based curricula as well as projects that span across various disciplines and grade levels.
Wildwood's Technology program aims to build technological proficiency in teachers and students. At the core of this process is to provide technological autonomy through the development of foundational skill sets in computing. Due to the rapid growth of technology, experimentation and discovery are the best ways for students to build confidence and the capacity to meet new standards of systems that are current and have yet to be developed. Learning tech literacy and efficiency is not seen as a separate subject area but rather as a tool that supports and enriches the curriculum. Students are encouraged to experiment, explore, create and collaborate in a supportive learning environment.
Train, support and develop faculty, students and staff in the use of computer hardware and software for educational purposes.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Support & train users in the use of computers, databases, specialized applications and our learning management system
- Conduct faculty observations for the purpose of designing technology based lessons, while collaborating with assigned teachers from inception through completion of projects.
- Attend occasional professional development designed to build capacity among faculty and staff
- Maintain laptop machines, desktop machines and account logins; ensure proper installation, functions and configuration of local machines, servers, software and printers
- Build on shifts and trends in educational technology to inform goals and objectives for technology integration
- Perform other related ed tech duties as assigned, and react to the needs of Wildwood as it relates to technology and learning
- Interface with various systems to ensure user access and connectivity to associated web services, file servers and email servers
- Maintain inventory and track warranties on department assets
- Assist in maintaining and organizing department records and asset records
This full-time position is year-round.
Comprehensive benefits offered, salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use WW Ed Tech Teacher Position as the subject of your email. Please do not directly email individuals from Wildwood School as we cannot guarantee proper distribution or response to materials when not received through the recommended channel.