St. Paul’s Episcopal School, located across from Lake Merritt in Oakland, enrolls 365 students from diverse backgrounds, kindergarten through eighth grade. St. Paul’s provides an education that is intellectually challenging, culturally pluralistic, and morally and spiritually enriching. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors and guides. St. Paul’s has an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
St. Paul’s seeks to fill the Eighth Grade Math Teacher position for the 2017 - 2018 academic year with an experienced, dynamic individual who:
- has attained a BA or BS degree (mandatory) and credential (preferred)
- has a deep interest and passion for teaching math
- has an understanding of Middle School students and enjoys working with them
- will teach eighth grade algebra to all eighth graders and an additional advanced topics math class to a selected group of eighth graders
- can create a developmentally appropriate cooperative learning environment
- has interest in and/or experience with integrating thematic units across the curriculum, especially with science
- can expose students to a multicultural perspective of universal human experience
- values collegiality with other teachers and administrators
- has interest in and/or experience with teaching social emotional curriculum to Middle School students
- has excellent communication skills with both children and adults
- has experience collaborating with a team of teachers to deliver curriculum
- has a warm and energetic personality and a good sense of humor
- has experience teaching from College Preparatory Math (preferred)
- has experience working in an independent school setting (preferred)
This teacher will collaborate with the eighth grade science teacher, co-teaching at least one block per week. In addition, this teacher will work closely with the whole eighth grade team consisting of a history teacher, an English teacher, a Spanish teacher, and a group of specialists - physical education, music, technology, and art.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references, addressed to Josh Stern, Head of School.
Please send materials electronically, in PDF format to Lisa Rappaport, Assistant to the Head of School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We fully and actively support equal opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.