The Ricks Center for Gifted Children at the University of Denver is an exemplary school serving the needs of gifted children since 1984. We provide nationally recognized gifted education to approximately 250 students ranging from three years of age through eighth grade, who demonstrate exceptional, differentiated abilities and learning needs. Located on the campus of the University of Denver, the Ricks Center offers a progressive model of education focused on developing the intellectual, social, emotional, creative and physical needs of the gifted child. Our diverse student body benefit from small class size, expert teachers, a wide range of content offerings, cutting edge instructional practices, integrated curriculum, and a focus on community, care and engagement. We are seeking an Associate Director to join our team of supportive educators.
- Participates fully as a member of the Senior Administrative Team, coordinating all school efforts under the direction of the Director.
- School administration responsibilities including developing school procedures and protocols, working on and toward strategic plans, liaising with school parent groups, supporting teachers and committees, collaboration on curriculum improvements, events participation and leadership.
- Teacher supervision, evaluation and support using the Ricks Center and DU evaluation protocols.
- Participate in hiring staff through reviewing resumes, interviewing potential teachers and providing hiring recommendations.
- Student and Family Support.
- Professional development planning and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Education or related field.
- 5+ years of experience teaching or administration in Preschool-Grade 8.
- Certificate or license in education field.
- Administrative license or working toward administrative license.
- Endorsement or experience in Gifted Education.
- Prior school leadership experience.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Sunday, January 15, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Anne Sweet at Anne.Sweet@@du.edu.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.