Wellness at St. John’s Prep is rooted in our mission to educate the whole person. The spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, physical and aesthetic dimensions of wellness call each member of the St. John’s community to live a life of balance centered around positive and healthy choices. Embracing wellness challenges us to embody the growth mindset, and recognizes the role each person plays in contributing to the health and well-being of others in the St. John’s Prep learning community. With the opening of a Wellness Center on campus in September 2017, St. John’s is seeking its first Aquatics Coordinator, beginning July 5, 2017. Reporting to Director of Wellness, the Aquatics Coordinator will understand, support and represent the mission and identity of St. John’s Prep as an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12.
Specifically, the Aquatics Coordinator will:
• In consultation with the Director of Wellness and wellness team members, plan, implement and assess strategic initiatives and partnerships to further the concept of wellness across the St. John’s Prep campus.
• Collaborate with wellness team to plan and implement a comprehensive, campuswide initiative promoting all dimensions of wellness.
• Develop and oversee the pool facility schedule.
• Develop and steward strategic partnerships with outside groups to generate revenue.
• Train and supervise staff who work in aquatic related programs.
• Oversee maintenance of the pool, to include chemistry, climate control, cleanliness, and related maintenance.
• Ensure that all appropriate water, environmental, health and safety standards are maintained; ensure that pool complies with all local, state and national requirements, and that they are current on all certifications required for operation.
• Develop, implement, and oversee a variety of aquatics programs for students, faculty and staff.
• Participate in and teach aquatic and safety certification training sessions, as necessary.
• Participate in the development of annual operating budget.
• Develop and maintain records of operational facility usage; monitor and maintain inventories of pool equipment and supplies.
• Prepare monthly statistical reports on revenue, cost, programs, participation, etc.
• Engage in other areas of focus as designated by the Director of Wellness and/or Principal/Associate Head of School.