Wellness at St. John’s Prep is rooted in our mission to educate the whole person. The spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, physical and aesthetic dimensions of wellness call each member of the St. John’s community to live a life of balance centered around positive and healthy choices. Embracing wellness challenges us to embody the growth mindset, and recognizes the role each person plays in contributing to the health and well being of others in the St. John’s Prep learning community.
With the opening of a Wellness Center on campus in September 2017, St. John’s is seeking a Recreational Sports Coordinator. This is a full-time, ten-month staff position. To support the program start-up as the building nears completion, the Recreational Sports Coordinator will be required to work during July and August 2017, and will receive a stipend for their work. Reporting to Director of Wellness, the Recreational Sports Coordinator will understand, support and represent the mission and identity of St. John’s Prep as an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12.
Specifically, the Recreational Sports Coordinator will:
• In consultation with the Director of Wellness and wellness team members, plan implement and assess strategic initiatives and partnerships to further the concept of wellness across the St. John’s Prep campus.
• Collaborate with wellness team to plan and implement a comprehensive, campus-wide initiative promoting all dimensions of wellness.
• Develop and oversee a robust intramural sports program for grades 6 through 12.
• Organize and develop a club sports program for grades 9 through 12.
• Recruit, train and supervise staff to work with intramurals and club sports.
• Collaborate with wellness program and facilities coordinators and Facilities Department to ensure maintenance of wellness/athletic spaces and equipment/resources.
• Collaborate with wellness program and facilities coordinators to schedule on-campus facilities for intramural and club sport program.
• Teach wellness/physical education courses and assist in supervision of wellness/athletic facilities that are open for use during the academic day.
• Participate in the development of annual operating budget.
• Develop and maintains record of operational facility usage; monitor and maintain inventories of equipment and supplies.
• Prepare monthly statistical reports on cost, programs, participation, etc.
• Engage in other areas of focus as designated by the Director of Wellness and/or Principal/Associate Head of School.