Wellness at St. John’s Prep is rooted in our mission to educate the whole person. The spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, physical and aesthetic dimensions of wellness call each member of the St. John’s community to live a life of balance centered around positive and healthy choices. Embracing wellness challenges us to embody the growth mindset, and recognizes the role each person plays in contributing to the health and well being of others in the St. John’s Prep learning community.
With the opening of a Wellness Center on campus in September 2017, St. John’s is seeking a Strength and Conditioning Coordinator. This is a full-time, ten-month staff position beginning July 5, 2017. The Strength and Conditioning Coordinator will receive a stipend for required summer work completed outside of the ten-month period. Reporting to Director of Wellness, the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator will understand, support and represent the mission and identity of St. John’s Prep as an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12.
Specifically, the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator will:
• In consultation with the Director of Wellness and wellness team members, plan, implement and assess strategic initiatives and partnerships to further the concept of wellness across the St. John’s Prep campus.
• Collaborate with wellness team to plan and implement a comprehensive, campus-wide initiative promoting all dimensions of wellness.
• Work with wellness program and facilities coordinators to schedule programming for fitness spaces in Wellness Center and Memorial Gymnasium.
• Train and supervise staff who work in strength and conditioning programs.
• Collaborate with wellness program and facilities coordinators and Facilities Department to ensure maintenance of fitness spaces and equipment/resources.
• Develop, implement, and oversee strength and conditioning programs for students, faculty and staff.
• Teach fitness related wellness/physical education activity courses, needed.
• Collaborate with department of athletics and coaches to design in-season and out of season strength and conditioning programs.
• Partner with department of athletics to provide education for coaches, as needed.
• Participate in the development of annual operating budget.
• Develop and maintain records of operational facility usage; monitor and maintain inventories of equipment and supplies.
• Prepare monthly statistical reports on revenue, cost, programs, participation, etc.
• Engage in other areas of focus as designated by the Director of Wellness and/or Principal/Associate Head of School.