Hip Hop Dancing
Summer School 2017
Are you looking for a stimulating summer teaching opportunity? One that will afford you the opportunity to be part of a growing program; teach a dynamic and exceptional curriculum; work with other talented educators; and work on a beautiful campus that is rich in history and technology?
Lakeside School’s Summer School Programs is currently recruiting for a Hip Hop Dance teacher for the Investigative Learning Camps. All courses in the ILC are project-based and do not assume students have any previous knowledge of the subject matter. No homework is assigned. The position will be part time. The classes will be one week long for ninety minutes per day and will be offered the week of July 10 – August 4, 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. There will be a mandatory orientation meeting on Thursday, July 6.
Visit www.lakesideschool.org/summer to see full course descriptions of courses and camps offered during the summer of 2017.
- Shape the curriculum for this course
- Create lesson plans for each day
- Supervise and lead the assistant teacher
- Supervise and instruct students during class time
- Provide written comments at the end of the course for each student
- A bachelor’s degree
- Extensive experience in dancing, specifically hip hop
- Teaching experience with middle school students
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience in working with a wide range of learning styles
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check
- Belief in setting high expectations for themselves and students
- Excellent communication and human relation skills
- Positive “Can do” attitude
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm
Compensation and Benefits
The stipend for this position is $500 per class for a maximum of $2000 for the four weeks. Lunch is included. The course will only run if enough students register. Enrollment will remain open until June 1. If the number of students enrolled is too small on June 1, the course will not run, and, therefore, the salary will not be paid.
Interested candidates should visit Lakeside’s website, www.lakesideschool.org, to apply online. To access the employment page, select the “about us” button from the home page. The application process will remain open until a qualified candidate has accepted an offer. Applicants being considered will be interviewed. Phone or Skype interviews are acceptable for candidates who are not local. For additional questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Sue Belcher, Summer School Programs director, by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, 206-440-2701. PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO SUE BELCHER’S E-MAIL. Application materials need to be posted online.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to diversify its workplace.