Summer School 2017
Are you looking for a stimulating summer teaching opportunity? One that will afford you the opportunity to be part of a growing program; teach a dynamic and exceptional curriculum; work with other talented educators; and work on a beautiful campus that is rich in history and technology?
Lakeside School’s Summer School Programs is currently recruiting for a Macroeconomics teacher. In this course, we explore questions about how the economy functions as a whole. Students will study the determinants of economic growth, the role of central banks and the monetary system, the economics of nations’ interactions, and the short-run fluctuations in economic output. By the end of the course, students will be able to analyze current and past global economic developments, and will understand the current debates that continue to shape macroeconomic thought today. This is a graded course, and students will earn one half year of credit (semester) for the course. There will be about three hours of homework assigned each day. The position will be part time. The class will run from July 17 – August 4. Classes run from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. daily. There will be a mandatory orientation on Thursday, June 22.
Visit www.lakesideschool.org/summer to see full course descriptions of classes offered during the summer of 2017.
- Create the curriculum for this course
- Create lesson plans for each day
- Supervise and instruct students during class time
- Provide individual support to students needing additional instruction
- Provide written comments at the end of the course for each student
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred, in economics
- Teaching experience with high-school level students
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience in working with a wide range of learning styles
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check
- Belief in setting high expectations for themselves and students
- Excellent communication and human relation skills
- Positive “Can do” attitude
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm
Compensation and Benefits
The stipend for this position is $2,900. Lunch is included. The course will only run if enough students register. Enrollment will remain open until June 1. If the number of students enrolled is too small on June 1, the course will not run, and, therefore, the salary will not be paid.
Interested candidates should visit Lakeside’s website, www.lakesideschool.org, to apply online. To access the employment page, select the “about us” button on the home page. The application process will remain open until a qualified candidate has accepted an offer. Applicants being considered will be interviewed. Phone or Skype interviews are acceptable for candidates who are not local. For additional questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Sue Belcher, Summer School Programs director, by e-mail, email@example.com, or by phone, 206-440-2701. PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO SUE BELCHER’S E-MAIL. Application materials need to be posted online.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to diversify its workplace.