Girls Preparatory School
ABOUT GIRLS PREPARATORY SCHOOL:
Founded in 1906, Girls Preparatory School enrolls 600+ college-bound students in grades 6-12. The school’s mission is to inspire each girl to lead a life of integrity and purpose by engaging her mind, cultivating her strengths, and nurturing her self-confidence and respect for others.
GPS seeks a Network Administrator skilled in designing, installing and maintain local and cloud based networks systems and servers.
- Design, install, document, maintain, and administer all local and cloud-based network systems and servers; including switches, firewalls, wireless, VOIP, security camera, data and power backup systems.
- Maintain active directory, user accounts, email, security groups and LDAP access.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory of all network, phone, security camera, and backup related hardware.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment and configurations.
- Provide infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, operating system, network security, directory services, server virtualization, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration.
- Install, terminate and test twisted-pair and fiber optic cabling in accordance with ISO/IEC 11801.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot Apple and Microsoft based hardware and software in a networked environment.
- Assist with the troubleshooting and resolution of network and server hardware and software. Train and provide troubleshooting procedures to helpdesk and technology integrationist for first-line network issues.
- Assist in creating learning resources for faculty, staff and students. These may include websites, tutorials, and interactive programs.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional development trainings, and hold memberships in professional organizations, to stay current with changes in the technology space.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery procedures for servers and network systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with constituents from the entire school community.
- Have strong organizational skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot and define problems and recommend or implement appropriate solutions. Must have a sense of urgency and customer service orientation.
- Understand the OSI (Open Systems Interconnect) model and network protocols like TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, 802.3, 802.11 and 802.11x.
- Ability to participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge in managing a network, hardware and software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Minimum an associate’s degree in a related field, and/or appropriate certifications (i.e. CCNA, CWNA, MCP).
- 5 to 7 years’ experience as a network administrator or equivalent training and experience.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift heavy (up to 50 lbs.) of equipment.
- Crawl under or around furniture to install computer equipment.
- Climb ladders and reach to install computer wiring and perform other tasks.
- Works in standard office conditions and climate.
Girls Preparatory School is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a workplace free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. It is the School’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or disability or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. It is the intent and resolve of the School to comply with the letter and the spirit of the law in the implementation of all facets of equal opportunity. The School’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
All employees are responsible for complying with the School's equal employment opportunity policy.
To apply, follow the link below: