This position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement, and is responsible for assisting the DIA in maintaining once voice to help guide the School’s consistent messages and branding in communications to all constituents, including current and prospective families, alumni, students, faculty, staff and surrounding community. The coordinator manages the development and coordination of all internal communications and external outreach publications, websites, social media, periodicals, media relations, videos, signage and letters of strategic importance are of the highest quality, are clear, consistent and meet the strategic goals of the School.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Maintaining Consistency of Institutional Voice
- Monitoring, under the direction of the Director of Institutional Advancement, consistency in both the School’s mission language and messaging. Maintaining brand consistency in all written and online communications that are disseminated from School to maintain and enhance the perception of Cardinal Spellman to all external constituencies and audiences for print, web and all social media platforms.
Web and Social Media Management
- Maintenance and improvement of overall function of School website.
- Creation and posting of strategic stories/news to School’s website and social media platforms of innovative and interactive online programs to celebrate the School’s success stories
- Monitoring and reporting on School website statistics and social media analytics.
- Management and execution of external media and public relations; development and strengthening of relationships with media through grass-roots publicity that reaches the School’s primary target audiences and markets
- Writing, editing and proofreading of communications from development/alumni affairs, admissions, summer programs and other departments/offices as needed, including two alumni magazines each year; research and compile the content of each magazine, working with designer
- Research, writing, photography, video, editing and proofing of feature stories, and related materials that support key institutional messages for the School’s two alumni magazines, in select School collateral materials, on the website, to media outlets, and on the School’s social media platforms; research, management, writing and dissemination of monthly e-newsletter and related e-communications (breaking news, alumni and parent outreach; student, faculty and alumni achievements)
- Attendance and coverage at School events and School life opportunities (academics, athletics, theater, service trips etc.) to obtain photography, video, news stories and press releases
- Creation of web photo and multi-media galleries