The High Mountain Institute is seeking a Director of the HMI Semester. This position oversees the day-to-day operations of HMI's fall and spring semesters and leads HMI's efforts to ensure teaching and learning here consistently embrace the full promise of a twenty-first century education.
About the High Mountain Institute Semester: HMI joins the best of a traditional independent school environment with top-class outdoor education opportunities. HMI seeks to connect our students to the natural world and teach them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous academic program, extended wilderness trips, and a community of shared responsibility. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.
- Serve as the HMI Semester’s lead administrator
- Manage and/or oversee calendar and daily operations of the semester
- Supervise and mentor the HMI Semester faculty, including Deans of Students and Apprentice Program
- Ensure continued excellence of HMI's academic program
- Oversee major school budget lines
- Maintain sending school relationships
- Teach an academic course
- Co-lead two 10-12 day wilderness expeditions annually
- Advise 3-6 students
- Competitive compensation, dependent on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 4-9% retirement benefits match after 1 year
- 6 weeks of vacation per year
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a 1-2 page statement of educational philosophy to Aimee Goldstein, Administrative Assistant for the HMI Semester, via e-mail at email@example.com.
We will begin our initial review of applications on January 31, 2017 and will continue reviewing applications until the position is filled. Finalists will be invited to HMI for a formal interview.
Correspondence via e-mail is preferred.
HMI’s Diversity Statement: The High Mountain Institute is an equal opportunity employer that strives for diversity by honoring the differences of each member of the community. We seek to build a community (of trustees, faculty, staff, and students) that represents ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic diversity and that brings a diversity of experience, background, talent, and perspective.