The School and Community:
Located in Beijing, China, our school is an international K-12 grade, bilingual (Chinese & English), college preparatory, co-educational boarding school to open in August 2017.
Aiming for the world-class education, we offer grades K to 12 with a 5-3-4 school system (5-year Elementary school, 3-year Middle school, 4-year High school) and emphasize the Science, the Arts and the Sports in our curriculum to develop each student's full potential.
We plan to selectively enroll 360 students in the first academic year (2017-2018) with an eventual capacity of 3,000 students on campus. We plan to maintain 8:1 student-to-faculty ratio. Half of our faculty will be Chinese and the other half will be foreigners. Our graduates will pursue their high education in the top universities in USA, Canada, UK and other English-speaking countries.
Please visit www.kaiwenedu.com
The school is governed by the Board of Trustees. The Director of Admissions will report to the Head of the school.
This position will be the first appointed founding Director of Admissions at our new school campus to open in August 2017. The Director of Admissions will be entrusted with all admissions functions and responsibilities, including:
- In charge of the Admissions Department and its staff.
- Representing and implementing the school’s mission, philosophy and core values within the admissions functions.
- Providing leadership in admissions within the internal and external communities.
- Reaching the school’s admission and enrollment targets and managing enrollment so that the demographic composition of the student body is in line with the admissions policy.
- Building and communicating a strong understanding of the school’s programs and how they may meet the needs of prospective and enrolled students and families.
- Advising senior management on recruitment, admissions policy, admission trends and future directions, based on statistics and trends analysis.
- Ensuring the highest standards of customer service for all prospective families and visitors to the school.
- Continuously reviewing internal office systems and processes to ensure that high performance standards are maintained with all admissions functions and staff.
- Overseeing admissions operations and all administration related to enrollment including general inquiries, applications, tours, waiting pools and collateral.
- Managing and building the admissions staff and team to constantly improve professional standards, create a strong team dynamic, ensure the compliance of all policies and standards and adequate staff training.
- Working closely with the academic team to ensure that appropriate processes are in place so that enrolled students will benefit most from the program and the program can best meet their needs.
- Organizing and managing the Registrar’s office and student records.
- Supporting the Marketing Department by providing frontline feedback on admission and enrollment issues.
- Cultivating positive relationships with professionals in the international community to understand and respond to latest developments, strategies and best practices within the industry.
- Managing the departmental budget.
Compensation and Benefits: We offer a very competitive and generous compensation and benefits package to the right candidate.
Application Deadline: May 1st, 2017
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with explicit indication of “Director of Admissions” at your e-mail subject line.