The assistant director of admission for Early Childhood will report to the director of admission and will be a member of the admission and advancement teams. As a prominent external representative of our school, the assistant director of admission for Early Childhood will be expected to professionally and effectively market the school throughout the greater Harrisburg region by sharing the Harrisburg Academy community and the Academy Advantages in a compelling way.
This position is a part-time position requiring about 20-24 hours per week.
Along with the admission and communications/marketing staff, the assistant director of admission for Early Childhood will work to increase market awareness of Harrisburg Academy and the environment that is the Early Childhood program — which includes our preschool program (Harrisburg Academy Threes, or “HATS”), Junior Kindergarten, and Kindergarten. At the Academy, early childhood education serves as the foundational element of our preschool through 12th grade program.
Essential job functions include:
- Outreach – Connect with feeder schools, preschools/daycares, and other appropriate organizations; work with Parent Ambassador Network and Parents Association; attend specific external events as determined by the director of admission. External outreach and networking with target groups will be the largest part of the job, and it is expected that the new assistant director of admission for Early Childhood will spend two to three mornings out of the office on school and organizational visits.
- Early Childhood Admission Activities – Tours, intensive follow-up, processing, admission testing events, retention, and recruitment strategies to defined application and enrollment goals
- Participation in admission committees that lead to Early Childhood and Lower School admission decisions
- Other duties as assigned by the director of admission
The desired skills and experience include:
- Experience as an educator and understanding of curriculum and early childhood development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive, as well as social media
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; advanced degree a plus
- Prior experience with independent schools, especially admission, is preferred
- The ideal candidate is a team player who possesses high energy, creativity, and superior communication skills. Collaboration with faculty, administrators, and volunteers is essential in this position.
- Ability to be a good listener and employ sales techniques is also critical
For more information about Harrisburg Academy, please visit www.HarrisburgAcademy.org
. Harrisburg Academy is located one mile west of downtown Harrisburg, the capital of Pennsylvania. With an enrollment with 35-percent diversity in its students, the Academy seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our school community. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Harrisburg Academy is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools, and the Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ECadmission@harrisburgacademy.org
by Monday, Jan. 9, 2017. Estimated start date is March 2017. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.