Classification: Full-time, not exempt
Work Schedule: Presence on-site required Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend assignments, as needed
Supervision: Development Operations Manager
Description: Reporting to the Development Operations Manager, the Development Coordinator appropriately welcomes and directs all incoming Development visitors, as well as general phone calls, email, and mail. Ensures timely flow of gift processing, acknowledgements, and tasks assigned by Development Operations Manager. Provides appropriate levels of support, serving as event manager, when appropriate.
- Staffs Development Reception area, greeting and assisting visitors to the 5th floor
- Provides first response to Development office phone, email, and mail, tracking items, as appropriate. Provides appropriate routing for incoming Development team communication and provides direct resolution when possible, in cooperation with colleagues and program managers
- Receives event RSVPs, records them in prospect management database, and manages coordination with project manager and other team members regarding RSVP status
- Provides event consultation and support for event managers in Development, Alumni Relations, and Parent Relations, including event planning, assembly of materials, production of nametags.
- Manages drafting, proofreading, and approval process for event communications, including print and email invitations.
- When appropriate, serves as event manager, working under the direction of the event project manager to conduct site visits, work with caterers and other vendors to ensure event execution.
Development Operations Support
- Assists with daily processing of gifts, preparation of gift receipts, and gift acknowledgements
- Manages Development Team calendar and ensures accurate and timely interface with NCS and Closewide calendars. Represents Development at Closewide calendar meetings, as needed.
- Manages office supplies
- Assists Development Operations with data analysis and preparation of reports
- Ability to represent NCS and Development with a high degree of professionalism
- Bachelor's degree and related work experience
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge or a similar relationship management system
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated event management experience
- Provide a high level of professional service to internal and external customers
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations diplomatically and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, act with discretion, and maintain a high level of performance under pressure
- Ability to work without supervision and to organize, prioritize, and successfully execute multiple concurrent tasks; to anticipate needs and act accordingly; and to perform with a high degree of initiative
- Consistently demonstrate superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional experience in Development, Alumni Relations, or a related field
National Cathedral School serves 585 students in grades 4 through 12. Faculty and staff are curious intellectually, flexible, and collaborative, and they view education as an engaging vocation. Students thrive in an intellectual environment and love to be challenged. NCS graduates are recognized as highly motivated and confident. Faculty and staff maintain a lively conversation about the meaning of all-girls education, an interest in pedagogy, and innovative uses of technology. As an Episcopal school, NCS welcomes people of all backgrounds and faiths while maintaining a close identity with Washington National Cathedral's commitment to be a house of prayer for all people. Located in Northwest Washington on 59 beautiful acres, the Cathedral Close is also home to St. Albans School and Beauvoir: The National Cathedral Elementary School.
NCS is committed to leadership in multicultural education and a culturally diverse faculty and staff. The school therefore seeks applications from candidates who will contribute to an atmosphere in which all are valued and supported.
Interested candidates should send an electronic application that includes a brief cover letter, résumé and the names and contact information of three to five references. Please submit these materials as one combined attachment in Word or PDF format with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.