Francis W. Parker School is a renowned JK-12th grade independent day school. Founded in 1901 on the tenets of progressive education, the School currently enrolls 940 students and employs 200 dedicated faculty and staff members who, in addition to assistant teachers, substitute teachers and coaches, work together to ensure that the School lives up to its Mission to “educate students to think and act with empathy, courage and clarity as responsible citizens and leaders in a democratic society and global community.”
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities and is responsible for keeping all machines, mechanical equipment, furniture, and the school buildings and grounds in good repair. Duties vary but may involve rough and finish carpentry, drywall, minor plumbing, electrical repairs as well as grounds keeping and event set up and break down. This is a full time, non-exempt position; 40 hours per week (4 week days plus Saturday; occasional overtime and additional weekend work required).
- Implement repairs and routine maintenance as needed to ensure regular and complete maintenance of the school facility to keep the buildings and grounds fully functional, safe and code compliant
- Perform major and minor repairs to interior and exterior of the buildings as needed
- Perform carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, drywall, lock repair and general preventative maintenance
- Assist with grounds keeping and landscaping duties when needed, including snow removal
- Assist with house keeping duties if needed
- Communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff and other maintenance personnel
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Self-directed and flexible
- Reliable and punctual
- Work flexible hours and shifts as needed/directed
- Good communication and strong organizational skills a must
- Some computer skills, primarily email, MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
To Apply: Please submit cover letter with resume and salary requirements, by fax, mail or email to (no telephone inquiries please):
Laureen Sweers, Director of Human Resources
Francis W. Parker School
330 W. Webster Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614
The faculty, staff and administration of Francis W. Parker School are integral parts of the School's community. Through their passion, dedication and commitment to the School's mission, they create and support an environment where exceptional child-centered learning can occur.
Francis W. Parker School is committed to cultivating a community of dedicated students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, administrators and alumni, who acknowledge, respect, and esteem diversity in our school; and who reflect, through their presence, the diversity of Chicago communities and the wider world.
Francis W. Parker School is an equal opportunity employer.