Located in sunny South Florida, Scheck Hillel seeks an experienced educator to lead a High School that educates and inspires students through a college preparatory curriculum and co-curricular experiences while guided by Scheck Hillel’s Orthodox teachings.
The Director is responsible for maintaining the School's mission, academic activities and outcomes for High School students, to include:
- Oversee the day-to-day activities and assignments of the High School department chairs, faculty and counselors; provide an environment conducive to learning, a school climate which is supportive and that both establishes and reflects teaming and collaboration;
- Prepare a master class schedule; and assign teachers and students to classes and other duties;
- Review, enhance and continually improve the School curriculum to ensure that it incorporates best practices and standards for college preparatory high schools for success in college;
- Assist in the admission process for the testing, interviewing and evaluating of applicants for enrollment;
- Manage the Upper School budgets; review and approve purchase requests and determine the most appropriate use of allotted funds;
- In collaboration with the School’s administrative team, be an active member in all areas of the School; work toward a resolution of all problems.
- Ensures that Upper School faculty provide appropriate academic instruction and guidance for students, while fully integrating parents in the process, including:
- Review and continually improve High School curricula, processes, programs, technologies, practices, pedagogies and schedules with a focus on continual improvements that deliver superior outcomes for students and faculty;
- Assist in establishing guidelines for proper student conduct and dress; monitor student discipline consistent with school policies; and maintain accurate records of student attendance;
- Maintain complete academic records on all students and oversee grading and other reporting according to best practices used by teachers to measure student achievement;
- Communicate student progress clearly and consistently with High School parents;
- Observes, mentors, and evaluates faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; supervises teaching; and reviews and evaluates academic programs. The Director will also:
- In close coordination with the Associate Head of School, recruit and retain educators with the expertise, positive energy, and customer service required to successfully motivate Scheck Hillel students.
- Support educational technology initiatives and dynamic needs in the Upper School;
- Work closely with the Leadership Team and faculty committees in planning and implementing a comprehensive professional development program for faculty;
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements of government regulations and agencies, and adherence with the educational standards.
In return, we offer comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salary, benefits, opportunity for growth, professional development, and more. For immediate consideration, please email a cover letter expressing interest in the High School Director position with salary requirements, current resume/C.V., statement of educational philosophy, and three references with contact information to email@example.com or visit our website at www.ehillel.org for more information about Scheck Hillel.