Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 on a 125 acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
The Development and Alumni Relations Office seeks an Annual Giving Officer, Parents, to advance the strategic mission of Milton by building a strong and robust program of giving for parents.
While maintaining a strong focus on Milton Fund parent participation, the annual giving officer will help to build a pipeline for major gifts; manage parent volunteers from the Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools, with a goal of increasing dollars raised and empowering volunteers to increase the number of donors; and maintain an active portfolio of prospects for solicitation and stewardship, and liaison with development communications and engagement to develop strategic events. Milton Academy is in the early stages of a comprehensive campaign in support of the School’s Strategic Plan.
- Advance the success of Dare: The Campaign for Milton through a robust and pro-active annual giving program for parents; grow the culture of philanthropy within the parent community with distinct and separate strategies to engage Lower, Middle and Upper School families, both boarding and day.
- Develop a working knowledge of Milton Academy in general, and funding priorities specifically, to articulate a compelling case for support to all constituents.
- Foster a sense of community by forming an internal parent relations group and a parent ambassador program to supplement the work done by parent volunteers; increase the visibility of the parent Milton Fund by attending events and having a presence on campus.
- Volunteer Management: Forge a strong connection with parent fund chairs and co-chairs by strengthening a volunteer program that supports the mission of the School and the goals of the Milton Fund; manage volunteers from Lower, Middle and Upper Schools, including identifying, recruiting and training new volunteers; empower volunteers to increase support for Milton; champion ParentSphere, Milton’s online volunteer portal, to maximize usage by volunteers, ensure updates about volunteer activity are recorded and that volunteers are trained to use the application; assist with planning and attend committee meetings, conference calls, kick off meetings, and events for leadership annual giving donors; oversee parent phonathons.
- Marketing: Partner with Director of the Milton Fund and the Annual Giving Coordinator to create parent solicitation schedule for print and digital communications as well as phonathons; provide oversight of messaging and provide necessary themes and concepts to complete communications and marketing materials which support the goal of the program and reflect the current activates on campus; provide volunteers with timely updates including school news.
- Leadership Giving: Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward parent donors to the Milton Fund with the goal of increasing dollars raised; increase visibility and the number of donors in Milton’s giving societies; liaison with Leadership Gifts Officers to ensure timely outreach to new parents, assist with developing upgrade strategies, and support high level gift work to ensure program growth; maintain a portfolio of 50 – 75 parent donors capable of giving up to $1,798 with a goal of qualifying potential leadership donors and cultivating a strong pipeline of leadership support.
- Stewardship: Partner with Director of the Milton Fund and the Stewardship Manager to execute a stewardship program for parent donors including recognition of loyalty, leadership and volunteer service.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have at least three years of experience front-line fundraising experience, with an emphasis on creating strategy for meeting dollar and participation goals; significant experience working with volunteers. Prior experience fund raising experience in an independent school or college environment with an emphasis on creating strategy and programs for parents; progressive responsibilities; proven track record of volunteer management, successful history of meeting dollar and participation goals.
To learn more about Milton Academy, please visit our website at www.milton.edu.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.