Job Posting for: Director of Parent Engagement
Vermont Academy seeks an experienced and energetic professional to serve as the Director of Parent Engagement. This position will be responsible for proactively leading, managing, and directing the strategic planning and implementation for all parent fundraising, programs, events, and communications. The Director will build strong ties with our families with the goal of increasing their engagement and satisfaction with Vermont Academy through these endeavors.
The Director will report to the Director of External Relations and work closely with Director of Alumni Engagement, Advancement Coordinator, Director of Marketing and Communication, and parent volunteers.
- Strategize, execute, and manage the annual efforts to achieve parent giving goals for The Fund for Vermont Academy.
- Manage a prospect pool of parent donors and volunteers with annual goals for personal visits and outcomes.
- With support from the Advancement Coordinator, and guidance from the Director of External Relations, manage advancement office services for our parent constituents that include gift processing, data entry, report generation, and donor stewardship.
- Coordinate, manage, and evaluate traditional Vermont Academy parent events, including Parents Weekend and assist with managing and promoting Spring Arts Weekend.
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, maintain regular communication with parents via direct contact, email blasts, parent web pages, weekly e-newsletters as well as the management of the parent strategy and content on our website and social networking platforms.
- Provide support to the Vermont Academy Parents Association (VAPA) that includes identifying and recruiting new members, defining responsibilities, creating job descriptions, training volunteers and enhancing the visibility of the VAPA.
- Actively participate in the life of Vermont Academy by being a visible presence at events, productions, and games.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1876, Vermont Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory boarding and day school located on a 450-acre campus nestled in the foothills of the Green Mountains in the village of Saxtons River, 30 minutes north of Brattleboro. Our location, our teachers, and our programming support each student in creating the best environment to be curious, to form and test ideas, and to make cross-disciplinary connections. Education for life- one student at a time. For more information on our school, visit www.vermontacademy.org.
Vermont Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made at Vermont Academy without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.