The Ivymount Corporation believes that all children and young adults should be able to achieve their highest possible levels of development and independence.
For more than 55 years, Ivymount has developed nationally recognized programs and partnerships that provide direct assistance to people with autism and special needs in the greater Washington, D.C. area. With growing recognition from national peer-reviewed journals and the White House and partnerships with more than 50 local and national organizations, Ivymount has worked to ensure that its evidence-based, innovative, and intensive approach is widely disseminated across the larger field of special education and support services.
The Ivymount School in Rockville, MD, has served more than 8,000 students whose complex learning, therapeutic, and behavioral needs could not be met in public school systems, helping them graduate and transition to continued education, employment, and adult life. Over the last 12 years, Ivymount has launched three new initiatives that together provide comprehensive local services while influencing national standards: Ivymount Outreach Programs, a bridge between the Ivymount School and the greater local community; the Maddux School, a private school offering early intervention for children who transition to regular education programs; and Ivymount at the Stevens School, a new Washington, DC-based public-private partnership for students with autism.
To capitalize on its heightened visibility and to make new services and standards possible, Ivymount is pursuing a deliberate effort to sustainably expand its fundraising initiatives over the next 5 years. It is seeking a Chief Development Officer who will play a key role in this process, evaluating and establishing a strategy to significantly expand an individual major gifts program while fostering the development of an effective and efficient fundraising program in a complex organization. Ivymount’s annual fund and special events enjoyed record results in 2015/16 and, with support from its Board of Directors, it has invested in resources to expand the development program.
The ideal Chief Development Officer will have:
- 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible fundraising experience, including at least 7 years in a frontline fundraising role soliciting major gifts and grants.
- Demonstrated ability to set and monitor the strategic direction of a complex development program and to ensure its alignment with organizational goals.
- Track record of personally securing 5- and 6-figure gifts from all constituencies.
- Successful experience building long-term relationships with corporate and foundation donors and of soliciting and closing large sponsorships and grants.
- Experience establishing strong relationships with executive leaders and volunteer Boards/committees and of leveraging them effectively in the fundraising process.
- Familiarity with the philanthropic community of the greater D.C. metropolitan region.
- Deep-seated respect for the dignity and potential of all students in a special education environment.
- Impeccable confidentiality in dealing with records of students and their families as well as donors.
DRi is leading this search for Ivymount. For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.driconsulting.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure that emails state where you learned of this opportunity.