A great opportunity for someone looking to expand on previous experience in events and alumni relations. Our ideal candidate is an energetic, results-oriented team player.
Reporting to Director of Annual Giving, the Special Events and Alumni Relations Manager is responsible for planning and executing the school’s two annual fundraising events (Spring Gala and Fall Fair), and implementing a comprehensive alumni relations program that inspires continued alumni involvement and financial support.
Works in collaboration with faculty/staff and volunteers to continue growing a strong community of dedicated supporters.
- 2-3 years experience working in event coordination/management, marketing and communications, alumni relations, and fundraising
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of Waldorf education and/or Rudolf Steiner teaching philosophy
- Comfortable soliciting donations of money, time, and goods
- Experience in digital marketing
- Experience with CRM and events software (Raisers Edge and Greater Giving)
- Proficient in MS Office and adept in Adobe Suite
- Working knowledge of WordPress platform
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Amateur photographer a plus
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Willing to work some late nights
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the Director of Annual Giving, establish an effective calendar of logistic and fundraising activities to engage an active volunteer and donor community.
- Works with respective event committees and Parent Council to execute two major annual fundraisers
– Fall Fair and Spring Gala – and several smaller alumni and parent focused events throughout the year.
- Sets and meets budgeted event goals.
- Develops and maintains portfolio of prospective event corporate sponsors.
- Tracks, edits and organizes event registration, program booklet, and silent auction donations.
- Responsible for all pre– and post-event work including meeting coordination, generating donor thank-you letters, auction winner follow-up, vendor procurement and payments.
Marketing and Outreach
- Ensures adequate promotion of events through print, email, and social media.
- Write copy and sources photos for event materials, website, newsletters, flyers, social media and other communication outlets.
- Makes recommendations for and implements creative event promotion opportunities.
- Plans and executes alumni events - including annual All Alumni Reunion, Soccer Game, and all Waldorf Reunion
- Works with Director of Annual Giving to write alumni-directed fundraising solicitations
- Develop an active alumni committee to drive event planning, fundraising, and other outreach opportunities
- Identify Alumni profiles for monthly Bulletin – interview alums and write articles as needed
- Assists classes with milestone reunion planning
- Coordinates annual college care package mailing
- Makes recommendations for expanding alumni cultivation and outreach
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Salary range of $45-$50k, commensurate with experience
- Competitive healthcare package
- 2 weeks paid vacation, 10 sick and personal days, plus 1 week paid vacation during December and March break
- Free lunch
- Free metro card 11 months out of the year
- 4013b retirement match
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, references and two writing samples to email@example.com