Pingree School Director of Athletics and Afternoon Programs
Pingree School is a dynamic and aspirational, independent, coeducational day school on the North Shore of Boston, located on a beautiful 100-acre campus in South Hamilton, where 370 students in grades 9 through 12 solve problems, build community, and learn how to learn. The Pingree community is dedicated to academic excellence and the development of high personal standards. Pingree believes that a love of learning flourishes best in a diverse community that respects truth, curiosity, creativity, humor, and independent and imaginative thinking. Committed to developing global citizens, Pingree actively seeks faculty, staff, and students of character and intelligence from diverse social, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Director of Athletics and Afternoon Programs is a member of the senior Administrative Team and establishes the vision and direction for Pingree’s afternoon and athletics programs. The Director oversees and manages these co-curricular programs within the context of a day school committed to promoting health and wellness, citizenship, teamwork, and sportsmanship. The Director is responsible for developing and maintaining the philosophy and policies of the athletics program in concert with the mission and goals of Pingree School. Pingree is a member of the Eastern Independent League, the Evergreen League (for football), and the Holt League (for hockey). Pingree is committed to the teacher-coach model.
This Director of Athletics is responsible for providing leadership for the program, which, in collaboration with the Athletics Department, includes:
- Modeling and promoting high standards of citizenship and sportsmanship
- Communicating the values and goals of the athletics and afternoon program
- Hiring coaches
- Mentoring coaches and staff
- Overseeing members of the athletics staff, providing them with timely and effective performance reviews while supporting their professional development
- Evaluating coaches and programs
- Assuming financial responsibility for the program
- Submitting and managing an annual budget
- Establishing, communicating, and overseeing policies and procedures
- Serving as a Pingree ambassador at league meetings and school events
- Keeping students, parents, faculty, and administration informed
- Coordinating maintenance and improvement of facilities
- Supporting the Admission and College Offices in support of students and programs
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure that the afternoon program goals are closely coordinated with other institutional priorities
- Coordinating and ensuring communications in the preparation of timely and accurate sports and program information
- Being involved in the broader life of the school and serving on the Curriculum Committee, Admissions Committee work, and other groups as needed
- Overseeing team travel and scheduling with colleagues
- Overseeing the purchasing equipment and uniforms
- Overseeing athletics results, statistics, awards with colleagues
The Director of Athletics and Afternoon Programs reports directly to the Head of School.
To Apply for the Director of Athletics and Afternoon Programs position, please send a cover letter and resume as a Word or PDF document to Joy Foley, Executive Assistant to Head of School at email@example.com
Pingree School is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.