Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 on a 125 acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
The Development and Alumni Relations Office seeks a full-time Events Manager.
The Events Manager will plan, implement and evaluate a broad range of events to advance the strategic fundraising and alumni and parent relations goals of Milton Academy, ensuring that the department’s 40+ events are branded, purposeful, strategic, and high quality, and that they successfully engage prospective and current donors and alumni. In collaboration with the Associate Director of Engagement, the events manager will evaluate the success of the event program as a key component of Milton’s engagement strategy; refining and expanding programming accordingly.
- Advance the success of the upcoming comprehensive campaign through a robust and pro-active events program working collaboratively with stakeholders across the department.
- Manage all aspects of planning and implementing events, ranging in size and scope and including annual regional alumni/parent events, campaign events (cultivation/solicitation dinners, celebration events), and small niche events.
- Conceptualize strategic, mission-driven events.
- Identify and complete all production, tracking, and follow-up tasks, creating and adhering to detailed timetables and budgets.
- Hire and manage external vendors including caterers, rental companies, printers and more.
- Coordinate on-campus services (operations/facilities, catering, safety, a/v).
- Coordinate and train staff and volunteers.
- Attend all local events and, where applicable, regional events.
- Plan, organize, and execute all dimensions of Reunion Weekend, attended by 700+ graduates. Oversee all event planning and execution including vendor selection, event promotion, programming, guest registration, and staff and volunteer management.
- Establish annual event calendar.
- Share in the access of the team assistant, drawing on this position as a resource for event support.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have at least two years of experience planning events. Prior experience planning events in a school environment and previous independent school experience are preferred. Successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills, and a positive demeanor in the office and interacting with alumni, parents, friends, colleagues and business professionals.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.milton.edu/about/careers-at-milton/
To learn more about Milton Academy, please visit our website at www.milton.edu.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.