Admissions Officer (Temporary, part-time, 4-month position)
World Learning and its Experiment in International Living are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage US minorities, non-US nationals and women to apply.
Location: Brattleboro, VT or regionally-based as assigned
General Description: this position will work within The Experiment’s admissions team to attain enrollment targets and prepare students and parents for Experiment programs.
The Admissions Officer is a temporary, part-time, 4-month position (February 15-June 30, 2017) for 20 hours per week. This position will participate in the recruitment, conversion, and pre-departure preparation efforts of The Experiment. This person will independently manage a pool of prospective students and parents within an assigned recruiting territory.
- Office Coverage: The admissions officer will be office-based and maintain a high standard of customer service via phone, email, and chat.
- Full life cycle management of a pool of applicants: Proactive and holistic student contact and conversion throughout the inquiry, application, and pre-departure processes using the Constituent Relationship Management (Salesforce) database. Advise prospective students and parents about admissions policies and procedures, and program content.
- Track all communications in the constituent relationship management database.
- Speak knowledgably about financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Interview prospective sponsored students.
- Pre-departure counseling: assist in the creation of pre-departure materials, disseminate information to students and parents, and assist students through the visa and other pre-departure processes.
- Promote diversity in all recruitment and admissions efforts.
- Serve as backup to other admissions officers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
A minimum of one year of recruiting, admissions, or secondary education experience.
Customer service experience.
Experience in advising/counseling of students.
High level of comfort with technology and an interest in utilizing new technologies to increase efficiency.
Strong writing and communication skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Experience with Salesforce and using a CRM system to reach admissions goals.
Knowledge of a second language.
Familiarity with Experiment programs.A