Allendale Columbia School is a diverse, co-educational, college prep independent school serving over 400 students in grades nursery through twelve. Our World Languages and Culture Department is seeking an experienced and dynamic educator to join a team of professionals responsible for innovative, authentic, and student-centered learning; this appointment will begin September 2017.
- Teaching World Languages and Cultures (Spanish and French) at both the Middle and Upper School levels (.8 - 1.0 position)
- Working in collaboration with the Heads of the Middle and Upper Schools, and with the World Languages and Culture Department to ensure curriculum alignment and appropriate implementation of student-centered learning
- Working in collaboration with the Director of Global Engagement and the World Languages and Culture Department to help plan and implement the school’s strategic plan of Global Engagement
Other responsibilities may include: a family-style lunch, being an advisor, proctoring study halls, bus duty, attending faculty meetings, attending department meetings, grade reporting, and sponsorship of student activities like clubs or other student-run events.
In addition to a strong dual language background, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of two years teaching experience working with middle and upper school-level students
- Have a real passion for student-centered programs and project-based learning
- Be a team player willing to try innovative and creative ways to bring excitement to the language program and to the Center for Global Engagement
- Have experience and/or expertise in other areas of global engagement (global studies curriculum, experience with student travel)
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Amy Schoepfel, Assistant to the Heads of Middle and Upper School, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line World Languages and Culture Teacher. Please do not send a fax or a paper copy.
Allendale Columbia School, as an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age or disability. We actively seek diversity among faculty and administration as well as among students.
Now well into its second century, Allendale Columbia is a leading independent co-ed college prep school for students in nursery through grade 12. Here, learning goes far beyond books and tests. We have the freedom to dig deeper so students can question more, discuss, debate, and question again. As a result, our students develop critical thinking skills and become effective problem solvers. Our faculty members use their independence and experience to connect knowledge to real life so our students can make more sense of the world–and their place in it. It all adds up to a different school of thought: high expectations and relevant experiences that prepare students to succeed in a global community. For more information about Allendale Columbia, visit www.allendalecolumbia.org.