Cape Fear Academy
A learning community committed to discovering and developing individual potential, preparing each student for success in college and life.
Located between the Cape Fear River and Wrightsville Beach, Cape Fear Academy is southeastern North Carolina’s premier PK-12 independent school. Founded in 1967, CFA is a traditional, non-sectarian day school educating 600 students under a mission that states CFA is a learning community committed to discovering and developing student potential, preparing each student for success in college and life. Well respected for its academic excellence and outstanding college preparatory program, the curriculum emphasizes student-centered learning across academic disciplines. The school’s core values of respect, integrity, resilience and accountability foster an atmosphere of trust and safety within the school community and prepare students for success beyond graduation.
Applications will be accepted through February 1 for the following position:
Head Varsity Boys Golf Coach
Cape Fear Academy seeks a leader who exudes the following qualities in his or her work with young men: integrity, discipline, patience, enthusiasm, excellent communication skills, and inspirational leadership. The search committee and the School will seek candidates with demonstrated good sportsmanship, community pride, and professionalism who inspire those around them to achieve at a higher level. This opportunity includes developing and engaging with players at all levels of the program in and out of season. The ideal candidate will be an experienced coach and teacher, exhibiting high energy, have a warm, engaged leadership style, a keen intellect, a results oriented and creative mentality and the ability to lead both fellow coaches and students. This position will report to the Athletic Director.
Interscholastically, the school is a member of the North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association (NCISAA) and competes in the 2A Classification as a member of the Coastal Rivers Conference.
- Oversee all aspects of the sport, including practice plans, game management, film upload and review, scouting and statistics management
- Communicate with the athletic administration about the status of the school’s golf program
- Maintain high visibility within the school and community, and develop a positive rapport with students, parents, staff and community
- Supervise assistant coaches
- Answer questions and provide information to parents on club, clinic and camp opportunities
- Communicate with parents and players, handling concerns as they arise
- Provide support to athletes with college aspirations and respond to college related inquiries
Salary and Benefits: TBD. Seasonal coaching position. Will consider candidate to be combined with full-time teaching position.
Starting Date: February 2017
The committee will accept materials from interested candidates until February 1, 2017. A completed packet should include the following:
- Cover letter expressing interest in our school and this leadership position
- Resume, including details of golf and teaching experience
- Three references
Please send materials to:
Chris Meehl, Athletic Director
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Cape Fear Academy does not discriminate in admission, educational programs, or employment against anyone on the basis of gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or age.