Christina Seix Academy, an independent Pre-K to 8th grade school, is seeking experienced educators for the 2017-2018 school year to work with the Primary and Middle School Directors and instructional team members to create a nurturing and effective learning community, utilizing our 70 acre campus and state of the art facilities. Bilingual educators, with a strong concentration in Spanish, are encouraged to apply.
We teach content specific classes in our Middle School. If you have an expertise in a particular subject, please indicate when applying.
Job responsibilities will include:
- This position includes on-campus housing, when available;
- Create positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment with high “joy-factor” so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence;
- Set and hold students to extremely high academic and behavioral standards;
- Build rapport with students and families outside of class;
- Assume responsibility for every single scholar’s success by holding all students accountable during transitions, meals, trips, and other learning opportunities;
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure a ririgorous, joyful, and safe environment across the entire campus;
- Learn and implement the curriculum for assigned grade level;
- Research and create lessons that complement/supplement the curriculum;
- Track and assess student academic progress and attendance;
- Individualize instruction to help each student achieve curricular objectives;
- Provide students and caregivers with regular feedback regarding student performance and progress;
- Generate informal and formal reports regarding student performance and progress;
- Prepare students for formative and summative assessments;
- Work collaboratively with and mentor Associate Teacher ;
- Integrate and manipulate technology;
- Work as a part of the Before and After Care team as assigned;
- Lead and engage in learning activities in the co-curricular program
Physical and Emotional Demands: Work is active; it may require long periods of standing and walking, as well as occasional sitting, reaching at or above shoulder height, twisting, pushing/pulling and stooping/bending/lifting to perform activities with students and staff; must be able to work in an open-concept environment where noise and other activities may at times interfere with concentration. Must be able to alter plans/routines when unexpected, stressful situations and multiple interruptions occur without projecting stress/frustration that would adversely affect the work environment.
CSA, as a condition of employment, requires a comprehensive background check, including a drug-screening, prior to hiring. CSA is a drug-free environment, and random drug-screenings may be required of all employees after hiring.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Christina Seix Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, veteran or handicapped status in its hiring policies.