The Advancement Office Manager works to ensure the smooth operations of the Development and Alumnae Office through a collaborative and donor-centered approach. This position supports the fundraising and alumnae relations activities with detailed support of the Assistant Head of School for Advancement and members of the Advancement staff. This position serves in a key role as liaison between development officers and donors of various constituencies including parents, alumnae, faculty and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support for the Assistant Head of School for Advancement including scheduling, meeting preparation, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports.
- Prepare agendas, schedule, organize and notate team meetings.
- Reconcile credit card billing and invoice processing; deliver to the Business Office in a timely manner.
- Assist Advancement staff with solicitation campaigns to include: generating mailing lists, mail merges, addressing and stuffing envelopes.
- Assist Advancement staff with special acknowledgements for major and capital gifts and coordinate major donor spring benefits.
- Ensure multi-year pledge entries and invoicing is properly implemented.
- Identify and conduct ongoing research of prospects including wealth screening; write and maintain prospect/donor profiles for fundraising staff and Head of School.
- Responsible for coordinating project management system for creative projects between the Advancement Office and Marketing & Communication, with a full understanding of each project. This includes but is not limited to managing timelines on projects ensuring deadlines are met.
- Navigate and negotiate with printer and fulfillment house on all mailings.
- Mass email coordinator with working knowledge of MailChimp from design, to uploading data lists of each email campaign.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of prior administrative support experience.
- Excellent attention to detail; strong organizational skills; professional demeanor; good judgement and the ability to work independently, but collaboratively, in a goal oriented team environment.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, and the Google suite of products expected.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills that include extraordinary spelling and grammatical skills a must.
- Proficiency in database software required – knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Must be willing to support all aspects of functions related to fundraising, alumnae programming and Parent Council.
Girls Preparatory School is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a workplace free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. It is the School’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or disability or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. It is the intent and resolve of the School to comply with the letter and the spirit of the law in the implementation of all facets of equal opportunity. The School’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
All employees are responsible for complying with the School's equal employment opportunity policy.
Please apply by following the link