Position Title: Athletic Coach
Description: Athletic coaches wanted for fall sports at Seattle Girls’ School. The coach is responsible for all aspects of directing a team’s practices and play in games.
- Track and Field
- Ultimate Frisbee
Seasons run from late March-end of May, Mondays-Thursdays 3pm-5:15pm.
Track meet locations and times TBD.
- To teach skills through the use of the games approach and through effectively planned practices at a level appropriate for each member of the team.
- To supervise the players before, during and immediately following practices and games.
- Accompany (and possibly transport) team to scheduled contests
- To provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all players.
- To serve as a positive role model to players, parents, officials, and fellow coaches in all aspects of speech, attitude, and behavior.
- Be consistent in attendance of practices, and games. Be on time!!
- Stress fun, skill development, and fundamentals. Winning is secondary to these priorities.
- Learn and follow all league rules, policies, and procedures.
- To communicate with the Athletic Director on all matters of policy and procedures. Attend any schedule coaches meetings.
- Understanding of the school’s philosophy and be able to implement those beliefs into the program.
Supervisor: Reports directly to the Athletic Director.
Compensation: SGS offers competitive compensation depending on experience.
SEATTLE GIRLS' SCHOOL MISSION
Our Mission is to inspire and develop courageous leaders who think independently, work collaboratively, learn joyfully, and champion change.
Our Passion is empowering each girl to live her potential.
Empowering a girl changes the world.
It is fundamental to understand and address issues of difference and oppression.
An integrated, collaborative curriculum challenges and engages students.
Middle school should be joyful, curiosity-filled, and safe and open to all voices.
The mission of the SGS Athletic Program is to promote a healthy relationship between a girl and her body.
All interested applicants for coaching positions must submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest.
(No phone calls, submit via email only)