RUDOLF STEINER SCHOOL - The First Waldorf School in North America
POSITION VACANCY - DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS, LOWER SCHOOL (Parent Child Program - Grade 5)
The Rudolf Steiner School, the first Waldorf School in North America, seeks a dynamic individual to manage all aspects of the enrollment, recruitment, and retention efforts for the Lower School.
The candidate needs to bring strong experience in independent school early childhood admissions, student recruitment, and parent relations. An in-depth understanding of the Waldorf philosophy and the ability to articulate how it is applied in the curriculum and at home is essential.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the process of admitting new students to the school including event planning, outreach, attendance at school fairs, and cultivation of relationships with feeder programs.
- Keeping track of enrollment statistics and enrollment trends locally and nationally.
- Presenting the Rudolf Steiner School specifically, and Waldorf education in general, to prospective families.
- Being a public spokesperson for Waldorf education and fostering close relationships with professionals at other independent schools. Networking with other Waldorf schools and organizations that promote the ideals of Waldorf education.
- Contributing to all aspects of the school's admissions marketing materials and the website.
- Encouraging and guiding current parents, students, and alumni to help with our outreach efforts.
- Serving on the School's Administrative Council (AC), and acting in support of smooth operations of the school.
- Participating in work that supports diversity within the school community and actively engaging in ongoing diversity training.
- Collaborating with the Director of Upper School Admissions and Business Manager around admissions and TA awards.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent social skills
- An understanding of Rudolf Steiner’s work and the unique features of a Waldorf community
- Minimum of five years of directorial-level administration in an independent school, preferably a Waldorf school
- Commitment to working collaboratively
Reports to: Administrative Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Between May 1 and July 1, 2017
Interested individuals should submit a resume inclusive of references and cover letter to Executive Assistant, Nancy Ho-Cortes at email@example.com