Steamboat Mountain School is a boarding and day school in Steamboat Springs, CO serving students in grades 9 – 12. The school focuses on rigorous college prep academics. The academic program is supported by a focus on outdoor activities and global travel. The majority of faculty and staff live on campus.
Our Mission: Steamboat Mountain School challenges the intellects and imaginations of its students to help them lead productive, creative, and responsible lives in a dynamic, global society.
Core values: Integrity, Perseverance, Responsibility, and Collaboration
The Position: Steamboat Mountain School seeks a strong leader and collaborator to direct the business and plant management of the school. The position requires significant supervision of others, attention to detail and ability to understand the big picture, integrity, collaboration, sense of humor, clear written and oral communication, and an interest in education.
- To supervise the work of the school bookkeeper and use standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures, to keep an accurate continuous record of the cash and financial position of the school and manage the financial operation of the school so that the institution remains financially stable.
- To prepare a monthly operating statement for the head of school and the board of trustees.
- To provide a monthly report of expenditures for use of each individual budget center within the school.
- To establish a plan and schedule for the preparation of the annual budget that will permit the setting of the succeeding year's tuition at a Board of Trustees meeting early in the calendar year.
- To provide for the securing of an annual audit of the school's financial records and financial positions.
- To serve on the financial aid committee.
- To oversee all school purchasing, financial investments, banking activities, payroll and benefits program.
- To provide staff support, in conjunction with the head of school, to the Finance Committee and the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- To manage risk at the school to ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities and to maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and to cover the liability of the school.
- To oversee school transportation including vehicle purchasing, safety, and maintenance
- To oversee and coordinate the work of the support staff, in particular the kitchen and maintenance staff.
- To ensure the effective management of the bookstore.
- To assist the head of school with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel, including the evaluation of support staff.
- To represent the school at various regional, state, and national associations relative to the role of being the business manager.
- To oversee summer programs at the school.
- To oversee the physical operation of the entire school and its programs.
- To create and oversee the careful maintenance and cleaning programs that keep the school's appearance in exemplary condition.
- To oversee and evaluate maintenance and food service work.
- To create and oversee an on-going equipment replacement program and PPRSM budget.
- To develop, maintain and report all required environmental, health and maintenance standards as required by law and to work with the administration, to ensure compliance with all regional, state and federal regulations and laws as they impact the school.
- To arrange bids and develop specifications for all outside contractual work of more than $3,000.
- To oversee the work of all outside contractors to ensure compliance with contractual agreements and budgetary restrictions.
- To serve as staff support for the Buildings and Grounds Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- To support the school and its leadership
To perform other duties as assigned by the head of school