Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 on a 125 acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
The Development and Alumni Relations Office seeks an administrative assistant to provide full administrative support to the Director of Development and select members of the Leadership Gifts and Planned Giving teams. The assistant will manage travel and itinerary planning, solicitation preparation, volunteer and event support, and assembly of projects, management of team meeting agendas and scheduling, mailings and electronic communication.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily administrative support to the Director of Development including meeting scheduling and planning, calendar review and management, and special projects as assigned.
- Support the Director of Development by reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; and collecting and analyzing information.
- Record meeting discussions for team and other departmental meetings as needed.
- Prepare team members for solicitation visits by assembling research, background materials and helpful documents.
- Support travel arrangements.
- Coordinate bi-weekly team meeting agendas/scheduling and monthly prospect management meetings.
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic records in Raiser’s Edge for Director and Officers. Prepare prospect lists and other reports from Raiser’s Edge regularly.
- Support Planned Giving program through hard and soft mailings, the Forbes Goodwin Society website and programming.
- Coordinate with Development Services team on regular reporting and review of performance metrics for team members.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have at least two years of experience. Applicants should have strong computer knowledge including Microsoft Office. Experience with Raiser’s Edge and report writing preferred. Excellent editing and proofreading skills are necessary as are a strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Prior experience in an academic environment and previous independent school experience are preferred. Successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills, and a positive demeanor in the office and interacting with alumni, parents, friends, colleagues and business professionals.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.milton.edu/about/careers-at-milton/
To learn more about Milton Academy, please visit our website at www.milton.edu.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.