Denver Jewish Day School is excited to announce the opening of the Upper Division Dean position.
Denver JDS inspires Jewish youth to think critically about the world in which we live, and prepares them for the role they will play in affecting it.
As the Rocky Mountain region’s only K12 community Jewish day school, with 350 students, Denver JDS provides Jewish youth with a:
- ? rigorous, college preparatory curriculum
- ? pluralistic, inclusive approach to Judaism and Judaic Studies
- ? warm and caring learning environment steeped in Jewish values
Ours is a pluralistic education, one that respects and realizes that the Jewish community has much more to gain by working together than by living apart – because we understand and believe in delivering an extraordinary education within the broad embrace of Judaism. Interested parties should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denver JDS Upper Division Dean
Administrator in Upper Division, provide support for discipline, curriculum and instructional design.
Master’s degree preferred
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Strong knowledge curriculum and best practice in 6th-12th grade curriculum.
Ability to coordinate school activities and programs.
Knowledge of best practices regarding classroom management and discipline.
At least five years experience as a classroom teacher
Successful experience in leadership roles and supervision of staff.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in development and evaluation of educational programs
- Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs, help teachers implement such programs
- Promote the use of technology in teaching/learning process
- Together with Principal work with teachers using data to encourage improved student achievement
- Assist in coordination of Standardized Testing process
- Promote a positive, caring climate for learning.
- Communicate effectively with students and staff, parents and community members and groups
- Participate in strategic planning with staff, parents, and community members
- Work towards school wide goals
- Help with planning and facilitating of professional development
- Participate actively a Principal’s absence
- Help plan daily school activities by participating in the development of class schedules, teacher assignments, and duty schedules
- Coordinate all safety-drill practice activities
- Assist in review and revision of Family/Faculty Handbooks
- Deal with student concerns and ensure that student discipline is appropriate.
- Participate in Administrative Team meetings as a member of the K-12 Educational Management Team.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct observation/evaluation conferences
- Assist Upper Division Principal in recruiting, selecting, and orienting new staff