The position of Annual Giving Coordinator is an integral part of the St. Paul’s Philanthropy Team and specifically Annual Giving and Alumni Relations. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the position coordinates annual and reunion giving to achieve high levels of annual fund participation across all constituencies, including but not limited to class years for the School’s approximately 3,000 active alumni. Responsibilities include coordinating targeted print and electronic appeals, social media campaigns, phonathons , and other outreach for the Annual Fund; working with the Alumni Relations Director to recruit and manage an effective network of volunteer alumni class agents to enhance outreach and class giving; coordinating 5-, 10-, and 15-year reunion classes to achieve high levels of participation in reunion events and reunion giving; and coordinating “future alumni” programs for current St. Paul’s students.
This is a highly collaborative position that works closely with all members of the Philanthropy Office, especially Alumni Relations, Annual Giving, and Special Events. The ideal candidate must have a passion for St. Paul’s School; strong networking, social media, and written and verbal communications skills; the ability to inspire and manage volunteers; and excellent organizational skills. Experience with fundraising, relational databases, and independent schools, while not essential, are a plus, as is being a St. Paul’s alumnus.
- In support of the School’s overall annual giving strategy, coordinate Annual Fund solicitation program, to include:
- Printed and electronic appeals
- Social Media campaigns
- Pledge fulfillment
- Provide regular reporting and updates on giving progress by constituency and class year (participation and $ raised, retention, pledge fulfillment, etc.)
- Recruit and manage alumni giving network to augment and enhance institutional fundraising and alumni engagement efforts.
- Coordinate reunion programs, including class gift, with focus on 5-, 10-, and 15-year reunions.
- Work with Alumni Relations Director to create a “future alumni” program to engage Upper School students prior to graduation.
- Assist with other Philanthropy Office and alumni events (e.g., Bull Roast, regional events) and outreach as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), and a minimum of one-year experience in fundraising work. In addition, this position requires:
- Superior written and oral communication skills and ability to utilize social media tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or a similar relationship management database and Microsoft Office is essential.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence.
- Minimum two years of work experience (or equivalent) in an office setting, preferably in development/fundraising environment.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter with salary history, and resume via the following link: https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=5078&LockSSL=true