ASSOCIATE BUSINESS OFFICER
Full Time: 7.5 hours a day/year round
Reports to: Business Officer
OVERVIEW OF SCHOOL
Prospect Sierra is an independent, co-ed K–8 school located on two campuses in El Cerrito, California. Our mission “inspires students to seek deep, meaningful understanding; to develop strong academic skills; and to become creative and independent thinkers.” The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) featured Prospect Sierra as a Model School of the Future, among only seven schools worldwide, in its publication A Guide to Becoming a School of the Future. Please visit our website, www.prospectsierra.org, for more information about the school.
The Business Office Associate is responsible for administrative tasks, as well as larger strategic projects. Opportunities for growth in the Business Office and School are based on candidate’s professional development and long-term goals. The successful candidate will report to the Business Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Including but not limited to:
- Cross training in accounting and human resources
- Assist and/or prepare statistical reports: California and National as well as governmental
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare reports as requested by Finance, Board or Administration
- Manage tuition assistance, including logging in applications, file management, evaluation of applications
- Coordinate student (re)enrollment contracts (with Admissions and Accountant)
- Assist on Parent Handbook
- Lead on preparation of Employee Handbook
- Lead on preparation and maintenance Business Office Procedures Manual
- Manage and reconcile E-rate
- Professional Development and Title II management and reconciliation
- Records and file management, retention and destruction (review, archive, destroy, label, etc.)
- Assist with yearly audit
- Prepare and submit field use reports
- Attend team meetings and some faculty meetings; participate on other committees as needed and appropriate
- Other projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years work experience in accounting, business administration, and/or human resources
- Ability to research and prepare statistical and data driven reports
- Strong aptitude for technology including software (Excel, Word), database, social media, or web-based applications in support of non-profit and/or admissions work.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, with ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrated excellent effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys problem solving, using flexibility, initiative, critical thinking, collaboration, and creativity to find the best solution. Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
How to Apply
Please submit a one-page cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Prospect Sierra School’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our hiring process; people of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Located on two sites with approximately 470 students, 100 employees and an annual budget of over $13,000,000
Compensation: Salary is based on experience; competitive benefits.