The Johns Hopkins University for Center Talented Youth (CTY) is currently seeking site directors for its summer residential and day programs in the United States.
What is CTY?
CTY, a world leader in gifted education, offers summer academic programs at college, universities, and independent schools in the United States and Hong Kong. CTY provides highly qualified students with an intense immersion in a particular subject. In addition to rigorous academics, students enjoy a rich experience outside the classroom through recreational activities.
Why Work for CTY?
- Our students are highly motivated, and our programs focus on learning rather than grades.
- Our administrative, instructional, and residential staffs consist of dedicated educators and administrators from across the country and around the world.
- Site directors gain valuable administrative experience and professional development in a supportive, collegial environment.
- Compensation is competitive.
The Site Director’s Role
A CTY site director’s role is similar to a head of school’s or principal’s. Site directors provide overall leadership and manage the day-to-day operations at their sites. They work with other site administrators, instructors, teaching assistants, resident or program assistants, parents, students, host institution representatives, and various advisory contacts. Site directors maintain high visibility on campus, attending to administrative tasks on and off campus, meeting daily with staff and students, and attending all major events at the site.
At residential sites, site directors work seven days per week and are on call at all times. At day sites, site directors work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with additional time on evenings and weekends as needed to complete paperwork and other administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- Background that includes a combination of teaching, administration, or residential life, and a commitment to excellence in education
- Prior or present leadership within an educational environment
- Excellent supervisory and organizational skills
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications and web-based applications
Dates of Employment
- Two-session residential programs: June 18 - August 6, 2017
- Two-session day programs: June 26 - August 12, 2017
- First-session only residential programs: June 18 - July 16, 2017
- First-session only day programs: June 26 - July 22, 2017
- Second-session only day site programs: July 17 - August 8, 2017
Terms of Employment
- At residential sites, the first-year salary is $8,400 for a seven-week period, and at day sites, the first-year salary $7,000 for a seven-week period.
- Room and board are provided at residential sites; employees pay their own travel to and from program locations.
- Attendance the first weekend in June at an orientation in Baltimore, Friday to Sunday, June 2 to June 4 (no additional compensation, but CTY pays travel expenses and provides room and board)
- Telephone and email consultations throughout the year, as needed
How to Apply
Please fill out an online application at: http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.