The Johns Hopkins University for Center Talented Youth (CTY) is currently seeking a deans of students for its commuter programs at the Speyer Legacy School in New York, New York.
What is CTY?
CTY, a world leader in gifted education, offers summer academic programs at college, universities, and independent schools in the United States and Hong Kong. CTY provides highly qualified students with an intense immersion in a particular subject. In addition to rigorous academics, students enjoy a rich experience outside the classroom through recreational activities.
Why Work for CTY?
- Our students are highly motivated, and our programs focus on learning rather than grades.
- Our administrative, instructional, and residential staffs consist of dedicated educators and administrators from across the country and around the world.
- Dean of Students gain valuable administrative experience and professional development in a supportive, collegial environment.
- Compensation is competitive.
The Dean of Student’s Role
At day sites, the dean of students supervises program assistants and coordinates the afternoon activities program. In addition, the dean of students works closely with the academic dean and instructors to ensure a smooth integration of the recreational and academic aspects of the program. The dean of students may be asked to assume the site director's responsibilities in the site director's absence.
The dean of students works Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Additional hours are required on busy work days, as well as in the evenings and on weekends as needed to complete paperwork and other administrative tasks. In addition, the dean of students must arrive earlier and/or depart later to assist with the Before- and After-Care program. The dean of students also works student check-in day on the weekend immediately prior to the start of each session as well as the Saturday at the end of each session. At day sites operating for both sessions, the dean of students is required to work the weekend between the two sessions.
Location and Dates of Employment
- New York, NY (The Speyer Legacy School) / Sessions 1 and 2: June 26 - August 12, 2017
Terms of Employment
- First-year salary starts at $5,600 for a seven-week period.
- Attendance the first weekend in June at an orientation in Baltimore, Friday to Sunday, June 2 to June 4 (no additional compensation, but CTY pays travel expenses and provides room and board)
- Telephone and email consultations throughout the year, as needed
How to Apply
Please fill out an online application at: http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.