The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is currently seeking instructors for math, science, and computer science courses in our summer programs.
What is CTY?
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY), a world leader in gifted education, offers summer academic programs at colleges, universities, and independent schools around the world. CTY gives highly qualified students the opportunity to engage in an intense immersion in a particular subject. In addition to rigorous academics, students enjoy a rich experience outside the classroom through recreational activities.
Why teach for CTY?
- work with highly motivated and talented students in an environment that is focused on learning rather than grades
- be a part of an intellectual community
- work alongside dedicated educators and administrators from across the country and around the world
- develop professionally and share strategies in a supportive, collegial environment
- limited class size (15 to 18 students), plus an instructor and assistant for each class, ensures a low student-teacher ratio
- generous lab budget for science courses
Sample Math, Science, and Computer Science Courses We Offer:
- Fundamentals of Computer Science (7-10th grade)
- Data Structures and Algorithms (7-10th grade)
- Cryptology (7-10th grade)
- Probability and Game Theory (7-10th grade)
- Inductive and Deductive Reasoning (5-6th grade)
- Genetics (7-10th grade)
- Neuroscience (7-10th grade)
- Principals of Engineering Design (7-10th grade)
- Physics of Engineering (5-6th grade)
- Inventions (3rd-4th grade)
Instructors' daily working hours are class times and additional class planning and preparation time as needed. At day sites, instructors are responsible for working Registration Day of the opening weekend. In addition, instructors may also work Saturday of closing week, if needed. Otherwise, instructors do not have scheduled responsibilities on the weekend.
Dates of Employment
- Two-session residential programs: June 18 - August 6, 2017
- Two-session day programs: June 26 - August 12, 2017
- First-session only residential programs: June 18 - July 16, 2017
- First-session only day programs: June 26 - July 22, 2017
- Second-session only day site programs: July 17 - August 8, 2017
Terms of Employment:
- Starting salary is $2,400 to $3,000 for a three-week session.
- Lunch is provided daily at day sites.
- Room and board is provided at residential sites.
- Employees pay their travel to and from the program location.
For More Information:
Please visit http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/index.html.
Please fill out an online application at http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.