All interested applicants must apply directly through The Finney Search Group; c/o Sherman Bristow at email@example.com
The Episcopal School of Dallas is an academic community where excellence is the standard. Our college preparatory curriculum, led by a nationally-recognized faculty, is complemented by a full array of artistic and athletic programs, daily chapel, experiences in the outdoors, and a myriad of opportunities to lead and serve others. ESD’s unparalleled balance of rigor and nurture inspires students to maximize their potential and live a life of purpose.
Purpose: The Director of Athletics is responsible for providing strategic leadership, guidance, and oversight for all athletic programs, grades 7 - 12, staff, facilities and activities in compliance with all school, conference, and state rules and regulations. The Director is expected to shape and guide the vision of athletic programming at the school, ensure alignment with ESD’s Mission, Founding Tenets and Values and promote them within the greater community.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Master’s Degree or 10 years of athletic administration experience required.
- Prior experience in an Independent School environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- 8+ years in coaching experience preferred with significant experience in athletic administration.
- Proficient in MS Suite of programs, as well as Zebra-Ware, Arbiter Sports, Schedule Star, or equivalent scheduling software.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate effectively with players, coaches, parents, faculty, staff, and administration, including public speaking skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and detail oriented.
- Ability to think, plan, and operate strategically.
- Sound problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Willingness to serve as an advocate for the school and provide a visible presence at multiple athletic events.
- Ability to inspire staff and serve as a leadership role model.
- Provide strategic administrative leadership, direction, and oversight for athletic programs, grades 7–12.
- Provide a variety of sports for students of all abilities and to encourage students to discover their full potential emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
- Promote a culture of character, integrity and positive sportsmanship in all constituents, including student-athletes, coaches, administration, parents and fans, ensuring application of ESD’s Code of Conduct.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes with regard to equipment, facilities, and policies.
- Effective management of athletic budget and financial controls.
- Serve as a coach or classroom teacher; and academic advisor as needed at MS or US level.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Episcopal School of Dallas is a faith-centered, co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school with students age 3 – Grade 12. The policy of The Episcopal School of Dallas is to recruit, hire, train and promote employees without discrimination based on race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, or disability.