Laurel School is seeking talented faculty who will put our students first and strive to make a difference in their lives. We seek to attract culturally and academically diverse faculty who thrive on being engaged participants in our academic community. The most successful candidates see opportunities before problems and can laugh at themselves while succeeding in a fast-paced, forward-thinking educational environment. Laurel lives its mission: to inspire each girl to fulfill her promise and to better the world. We continually challenge our community to dream, dare, and do.
As a homeroom teacher, this position entails the design, detailed planning, and instruction of child-centered, age-appropriate curricula in language arts, math, and social studies. Teachers work cooperatively with specialist teachers in world languages, art, science, music, physical education, and dance.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparation and implementation of daily lessons
- Assignment and timely evaluation of all relevant class work
- Design and implementation of appropriate, authentic assessments in each core curricular area
- Comprehensive, on-going documentation of student progress
- Preparation of regular, detailed rubrics and formal narrative reports on student progress
- Assessment and support of individual student learning styles
- Collaboration with other members of the faculty and staff
- Participation in faculty and staff meetings
- Effective and timely communication in person, through email and through voice mail with varied school constituencies
- Support of divisional and school-wide initiatives
- Supervision and/or participation in non-academic activities, i.e. lunch, recess, and afternoon dismissal