Laurel School is seeking talented staff who want to join an environment where our students are first and staff strive to make a difference in their lives. We seek to attract culturally and academically diverse staff who thrive on being engaged participants in our academic community. The most successful candidates see opportunities before problems and can laugh at themselves while succeeding in a fast-paced, forward-thinking educational environment. Laurel lives its mission: to inspire each girl to fulfill her promise and to better the world. We continually challenge our community to dream, dare, and do.
The Alumnae Coordinator is a member of the Development Office and reports directly to the Director of Alumnae.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Director of Alumnae and the President of the Alumnae Association.
- Establish a relationship with the Alumnae Board: attend meetings, handle room reservations, and other logistics.
- Staff select committees (i.e., Student Outreach, Young Alumnae), manage volunteers and implement activities and programming as developed by the committees.
- Help plan, coordinate and oversee, with the Director of Alumnae and the Alumnae Board and its committees, signature and special events for alumnae, such as, but not limited to the Holiday Luncheon, Sarah Lyman Day of Community Service, regional events, local events and Alumnae Weekend.
- Cultivate, build and maintain relationships with alumnae, especially young alumnae.
- Work with the Alumnae Weekend committee to develop a theme for the overall weekend and programming for Association-sponsored events.
- Recruit class reunion planners to organize social activities, manage the volunteers, make all room reservations, promote the events, and coordinate the mailing of the invitations, take and maintain all RSVPs.
- Execute the plan for Alumnae weekend; staff events.
- Generate content for the alumnae relations section of the school’s website and coordinate uploading that content with the webmaster (i.e., monthly Alumnae Spotlight, Alumnae Weekend Invite and online registration content).
- Handle all online registrations for all alumnae events.
- Help grow Laurel’s social media presence with alumnae.
- Generate ideas for alumnae posts for Facebook and other social media accounts targeted to and for alumnae.
- Recruit and manage class news’ agents; compile and edit class news for the school’s magazine. Write In Memoriam.
- Maintain hard copy files for alumnae; update Raisers Edge database records for alumnae; generate reports.
- Handle general correspondence and condolence letters.
- Coordinate alumnae mailings.
- Other duties as assigned.