Isidore Newman School, founded in 1903, is a nationally recognized, Pre-k through twelve, college preparatory, day school with over 1000 students. Located in Uptown New Orleans, Louisiana on an eleven acre campus, Newman enjoys a national reputation for excellence and achievement in academics, athletics, and the arts. Upon graduation Newman students matriculate to selective colleges and universities around the country. Students, teachers, and coaches at Newman believe strongly in the School and work collaboratively, always striving for excellence in a challenging and supportive academic environment. Across the school and across constituencies there is a focus on building strong relationships and delivering rigorous programs. The core values of the School -honesty, kindness, respect, and responsibility - are visibly integrated into every aspect of school life in a culture that values diversity, professionalism, and commitment. A community of high achieving and motivated students and teachers focused on intellectual inquiry and engagement, Newman is committed to best practice in elementary and secondary education. A leading and forward-thinking independent school, Newman is deeply rooted in both tradition and innovation.
The ideal applicant will possess a degree in physical education or related field as well as substantial teaching and coaching experience in independent schools.
The successful applicant will possess excellent speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills; demonstrate strong instructional and classroom management skills; be technologically savvy and computer literate; have an abiding interest in helping students to experience academic, athletic and social growth; be successful in working with teams; be willing to contribute to school activities outside of the classroom; possess strong understanding of the developmental level of the students and athletes they teach and coach; and genuinely love to work with middle school students and educators.
- Plan and execute lessons which meet the differentiated needs of our students including whole group, small group and individual instruction and fulfill the skills and content of the grade level.
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy.
- Facilitate the educational, athletic and social development of the students.
- Create an environment of respect and rapport that is safe and conducive to learning.
- Use instructional time effectively.
- Collaborate positively with the grade level colleagues as well as other faculty around teaching and learning and have a growth mindset.
- Assess the students in a variety of ways and use assessment to guide instruction for student growth, development, and learning.
- Complete report cards.
- Continue to grow professionally by attending in-service and professional development/training opportunities in and outside of the school, participating and reading professionally.
- Communicate openly and effectively with parents.
- Participate in field trips, special traditions and activities of the division.
- Maintain student records, and maintain a neat and organized environment for learning.
- Model appropriate presence daily and ensure that students adhere to behavioral expectations.
- Complete duties and responsibilities as assigned.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.