- Meet with individual students and their families (as alphabetically assigned) throughout the college search to address their questions and provide guidance that meets their specific goals for post-secondary education
- Meet with college representatives (both on campus and through professional development opportunities) to broaden understanding and promote the school and its students
- Develop programming in conjunction with fellow counselors so the campus community can be informed on all aspects of the college search and selection process. Sample programs include: college fairs, grade specific sessions, application workshops, financial aid nights, athletics and arts information sessions and case studies.
- Coordinate with the Grade Level Deans to guide all Upper School students with regard to their academic and extracurricular plans
- Draft recommendations for students while overseeing the school information that is shared with colleges and other post-secondary programs
- Design the annual school profile that accompanies college applications and is utilized by several campus departments
- Keep faculty and staff informed of the process
- Oversee standardized testing programs related to the eventual college search
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the field through attendance at professional conferences
The philosophy of the College Counseling Office at Francis Parker School
Together with the Parker community, we support, encourage and celebrate the ongoing educational journey of each student. We believe college search and selection to be a private and individualized process where students engage in self-reflection, and learn to make informed and educated decisions concerning their future. As counselors, we offer guidance to the students as they seek to find the appropriate fit for college based on personal criteria and interests. We encourage a healthy, student-led, educationally based, and family appropriate approach to the college search, ensuring a smooth transition to life after Parker. As students embark on the path to college and beyond, our goal is to provide a solid foundation upon which they can become self-reliant, empowered, confident, involved members of society, and engaged citizens of the world.
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
A cover letter, resume and salary history should be submitted electronically to:
Terri Devine, Dean of College Counseling email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line