The Director of Outreach & Enrollment Management is an integral part of the school’s administrative team and is responsible for managing all facets of the outreach and enrollment management process in the school’s effort to attract, enroll, and retain a diverse and dynamic student population. The School is seeking a high performing and collaborative Director of Outreach and Enrollment Management to work closely with the Head of School and Senior Leadership Team to advance the mission and goals of the School and to develop a forward-thinking admissions office. This is a 12-month position, beginning on or before July 1, 2017. The Director of Outreach and Enrollment Management reports directly to the Head of School and manages a staff of four.
* Utilizes strong communication skills to leverage relationships with area schools and families.
* Develops and directs the vision and metrics for enrollment management for the school, while acting as an integral part of the School’s administrative team.
* Maintains knowledge of the demographics, financial environment and other external drivers that impact the evolving applicant base, disseminates such information to the administrative team when necessary and appropriate, and develops enrollment strategy consistent with School’s mission and strategic priorities.
* Accountable for establishing and refining enrollment metrics and standards, and evaluating outreach performance in relation to enrollment management.
* Serves as the public face of enrollment management with prospective parents and relevant constituents at external events.
* Serves as the first external point of contact for potential applicants as well as for sending schools and related organizations (e.g., executive placement firms).
* Coordinates and strategizes with the School administration team and appropriate faculty members.
* Works with Division Heads to monitor the satisfaction of current families and implement appropriate measures.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY
* Ability to communicate, advise, and persuade on matters that are highly complex and sensitive in nature.
* Ability to communicate effectively with administrative, faculty, and parents on all levels both inside and outside the School.
* Ability to manage, motivate, and develop internal admission (enrollment management) team, including both School employees and volunteers.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Awareness, sensitivity, and understanding of current educational context and the evolving context of cultural competence required in a 21st century education.
* Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & ATTRIBUTES
* Maintains knowledge of the demographics, environment, and other external drivers that impact the evolving applicant base.
* Experienced and successful at managing, motivating, and developing the internal enrollment management team, including both school employees and volunteers.
* Provides the HOS, Admin team, and Board with clear, unbiased outreach and enrollment key performance indicators, metrics, and standards on a regular basis.
* Strong, charismatic public speaker with excellent written communication skills.
* Develops and executes visionary outreach initiatives and evaluates performance in relation to enrollment management regularly.
* Establishes and directs the vision for admissions and enrollment management for the school consistent with School’s mission and strategic priorities while acting as an integral part of the School’s administrative team.
* Represents the school as the first external point of contact for sending schools, executive placement firms, other organizations and enrollment influencers, and potential applicants.
* Serves as the public face of enrollment management with prospective parents and relevant constituents at internal and external events.
* Possesses awareness, sensitivity, and understanding of the current educational climate and the evolving context of the cultural competence required in a 21st century education.
*Collegial and effective at forming effective working relationships with faculty, parents, and the school community.
* Demonstrates an ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
* Has a strong ability to communicate effectively with administration, faculty, board, and parents on all levels both inside and outside the School.
The Cathedral School is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, current resume, a statement of educational philosophy or personal interest, and three references to Educator’s Ally: Resumes@Educatorsally.com with “Cathedral Admissions” in the subject line.
**All inquiries will be treated in absolute confidence. The review of candidate files will begin immediately.
The Cathedral School of St. John the Divine is an independent, Episcopal, K-8 day school for girls and boys of all faiths. The School is committed to a rigorous academic program that integrates the arts, athletics, and leadership development. Located on New York City’s Upper West Side on the 13-acre Close of the Cathedral, the School offers a unique setting for the celebration of the many traditio...ns shared by its families. The School prides itself in being a diverse community in partnership with families who take an active role in their children’s intellectual, ethical, social, and emotional growth. The Cathedral School offers a stimulating environment in which each child can become an articulate, confident, and responsible citizen of the world. Continuing a century-old relationship, the School draws upon the Cathedral’s vast resources and provides its children’s choir.