Bancroft School seeks an Upper School Visual Arts teacher to join our dynamic team of educators starting in August of 2017. We are looking for someone who will inspire young people to be excited about visual arts and help teach them the skills to be proud artists. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to engage students in meaningful inquiry, problem solving, and collaborative exploration in a student-centered classroom.
We seek collaborative, team oriented teachers who are ready to participate in all aspects of school life, including club leadership, program development, and coaching. The ideal candidate for this position will be a professional artist with experience in drawing, painting, graphic arts and photography, and will have a minimum of five years of teaching experience, preferably in an independent school setting.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Teach five classes each semester during the regular academic day
- Work closely with the College Counselor to support students in the admission process for selective art colleges and institutes
- Oversee course recommendations and selections for the Visual Arts
- Arrange framing and display of students’ and visiting artists’ work
- Host visiting professional artists
- Make presentations about the Visual Arts curriculum to prospective parents and students, consultants, and visitors
- Serve as a student advisor
- Lead club and/or extracurricular activity
- Promote the arts as a vibrant and fundamental aspect of our school
Please visit our website to learn more about Bancroft and our strategic plan, VISION 2016. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to Nichole Aubin, assistant to the Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org.