Position Title: Lower School Division Head
Reports to: Head of School
Start Date: July 1, 2017
The Lower School Head is responsible for the faculty, curriculum, program, and student growth of grades pre-kindergarten through fifth grade. The Lower School Head works collaboratively with the other division heads and Head of School and understands the importance of the whole school’s needs, initiatives, and philosophy.
1) to serve as the spokesperson for the philosophy, pedagogy, and mission of both the Lower School and Cascades Academy as a whole
2) to work with the Director of Curriculum and Experiential Education Coordinator to oversee the development of the curriculum and the articulation of academic goals within the division; to work with the other Division Heads to coordinate and insure continuity of curriculum between divisions; to insure that the curriculum of the division supports the mission of Cascades Academy
3) to oversee the social development of students within the division
4) to oversee teaching assignments and scheduling within the division; to identify teaching needs and to assist the Head of School in the hiring process
5) to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day life of the division including communication with families, students, teachers, and staff
6) to participate with the Head of School in faculty evaluation and professional growth and development
7) to maintain a positive professional divisional culture
8) to interview prospective lower school families and work with the office of admission to enroll new lower school students
9) to coordinate the licensing and training requirements for the pre-kindergarten and kindergarten programs
10) to oversee the Auxiliary Program Coordinator who is responsible for summer program and after school programs
11) to assist the Head of School, as requested, with projects and needs of the school
The Lower School Head is directly responsible for the supervision and professional development of the lower school faculty.