Elementary School Director of Bridges at Gilman School
Bridges at Gilman School is an academic and social support program that serves motivated, low-income public school students from Baltimore City in grades 4-12. At this time, we are looking for someone to be a full-time assistant to the director, starting June, 2017.
Description of duties:
- Direct the after-school program, including transporting students to and from Gilman School, planning after-school sessions, working with 4th and 5th grade students to set academic goals, and recruiting and training upper school volunteers
- Assist with fall/winter admission process
- Assist with fall middle school guidance
- Assist with middle school weekend program
- Assist with planning process for summer institute
- Teach one class at Gilman School – take on advisees during second year
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Must be deeply committed to the Bridges mission and philosophy as well as to the Gilman School mission
- Should have some experience working with / teaching elementary and middle school students from low-income families
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gilman School is an equal opportunity employer and educator who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.