This is a long term substitute position for the balance of the 2016/2017 school year. Candidate may be considered to fill the position in the 2017/2018 school year. Applicants should apply via https://form.jotform.com/smattina/the-pegasus-school-employment-appli
The purpose of this job is to incorporate computer science within a rich cross disciplinary and project-based learning environment. This is accomplished by implementing a broad and modern computer science program that teaches concepts through a myriad of programming languages and libraries, including design thinking, engineering, computer programming, robotics, video production, and digital citizenship both in a lab environment and through integration in general education classrooms.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Develop a curriculum that fosters an innovative mindset while encouraging media savvy and responsible adoption of technology.
- Develop and teach Middle School computer science courses, including both required classes and electives.
- Lead after school and lunchtime robotics and Computer Science clubs for both Lower and Middle School students.
- Create framework for sequential units of study, individual lessons and learning activities, designed to make the learning cumulative and advance students level of content knowledge.
- Create learning opportunities that emphasize critical thinking and problem solving.
- Teach students basic office tools, internet safety, web design, film making, digital photography, animation, coding, circuitry, and other modern technology concepts.
- Identify appropriate reading materials, other resources and writing activities for promoting further learning by the full range of students in the classroom.
- Aid in the development of typing skills, computer literacy and communication tools to collaborate, publish and interact with peers and other audiences.
- Continue the development of Idea Lab, the maker movement elective via curriculum and lab expansion.
- Provide support and education for parents and students with the ongoing one-to-one technology programs.
- Provide leadership and coordination of technology integration initiatives, PK-8, by working with teachers to identify and develop technology integration across the curriculum.
- Collaborate with general education teachers by observing and modeling lessons that incorporate technology use in general subject areas.
- Establish systems for educators to access, preview and receive training in hardware usage, software applications, computer technology and general use of technology in the classroom.
- Serve as a member of the computer science department, working closely with the Lower School technology teacher and the Director of Technology in developing curriculum, implementing best practices in computer science education, and being aware of the latest trends and research in PK-8 computer science education.
- Convey a positive image of the Pegasus School at all times when working with students, parents, employees and the public.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that the qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.