High School History/Social Science
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking highly qualified candidates for a high school History/Social Science teacher for the 2017-2018 academic year beginning August 1, 2017.
Founded in 1898, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton is an independent, coeducational Catholic school as interpreted and lived by the Society of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ). Our mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life. SHS is comprised of two divisions: SHS Preschool through Middle School (P-8), and Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. SHS employs over 300 full and parttime women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives needbased tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into fouryear colleges. For more information about our school please visit SHS Fast Facts
Summary of Position
Successful candidates will be able to teach a broad range of History/Social Science from 9th-grade World History through Economics. In addition to stellar teaching skills, an ideal candidate will possess a high level of emotional intelligence, a gentle and caring attitude and most important, a willingness to collaborate with a dynamic team of engaged educators. A healthy sense of humor is always a plus! For a complete job description please go to SHS Career Page and look under the Preparatory heading for the History/Social Science Teacher posting.
• Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
• Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
• Evaluates and grades students' class work, assignments, and papers; compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assign this work to others.
• Plans, evaluates, and revises curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
• Uses effective class management techniques to insure effective learning.
• Contributes to and serves community through chaperoning, proctoring, and other non- classroom duties as assigned.
• Maintains regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students.
• Maintains expertise in subject matter through professional development.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior based in it.
• BA/BS in appropriate field required, Master's degree or post graduate work in subject matter and/or educational administration preferred.
• A minimum of five years teaching and administration experience in an independent or Catholic school environment preferred.
• Strong teaching ability at all levels in high school (9-12); enjoy working with children and adolescents. Specific ability to teach courses in the following areas: modern world history, US history, economics.
• Ability to collaborate with Center for Student Success to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
• Ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic, collaborative member of the SHS community. Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
SHS offers competitive compensation and health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please apply visit http://www.shschools.org/Page/About/Careers--SHS.
You MUST indicate Prep History/Social Science 2017 in the subject line of the email. Please do not contact the Schools by phone or by unscheduled visit. You may also choose to mail your resume to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: Prep History/Social Science 2017
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a preemployment background screening is required for all positions.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency