The Shipley School, founded in 1894, is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school currently enrolling 835 students in grades Pre-K through 12. Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the school is committed to educational excellence and dedicated to developing in each student a love of learning and a compassionate participation in the world. The Middle School has 215 students in grades 6-8, and a faculty of 30.
The Shipley School is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The school will make all employment decisions for employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, age, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, creed, genetic predisposition, victim of domestic violence or any other basis protected by law.
The Shipley School seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Middle School History Teacher to work with our existing teachers. This will be a full-time position beginning in August 2017. The ideal candidate will:
- Share a deep passion for History
- Have an excellent background in teaching
- Work collaboratively with our history teachers to implement the curriculum already in place
- Be comfortable using technology and incorporating it into teaching
- Attend planning meetings and play an active role in the MS
- Act as an advisor to a section of MS students